Welcome to my list of the 7 best Rancho Santa Fe wedding venues!
About Rancho Santa Fe
The Rancho Santa Fe of as we know it began in 1906, when the Santa Fe Railway purchased the land that made up the original San Dieguito Land Grant (1). The intent was to use the land to grow lumber for railroad ties. Between 1906 and 1914, 3.6 million Eucalyptus trees were planted. But the plan proved unsuccessful when it was later discovered that the trees wouldn't handle the weight of trains on tracks (2).
In an effort to recoup their investment, Colonel Ed Fletcher--a prominent land developer--convinced the Santa Fe Railway that, due to its proximity to the San Dieguito River and its perfect climate, the land could be used for agriculture. In 1921, a subdivision map was generated that envisioned a Civic Center (now referred to as "The Village"), with small lots near the center, radiating to larger ones farther out. The Village included a market, rowhouses, and a guest house names La Morada--now the Inn at Rancho Santa Fe (3).
As the town grew and homes, estates, orchards and infrastructure were added, the name of the town was changed from Rancho San Dieguito to Rancho Santa Fe (4). A community rose from the land, and thus one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in the United States was born.
Sources: (1), (2), (3), (4) : A Brief History of Rancho Santa Fe.
Inn at Rancho Santa Fe
One of my all-time favorite venues for many years, the Inn at Rancho Santa Fe's historic charm, simple decor, and quiet surroundings make it one of the best Rancho Santa Fe wedding venues.
Situated in the heart of the village of Rancho Santa Fe, the Inn's charm hits you as soon as you set foot on the property. It's Spanish-California architecture pays homage to the town's history while creating a warm and inviting ambiance.
With a wide variety of wedding spaces for celebrations of nearly any size, the Inn at Rancho Santa has become a go-to wedding venue for discerning, sophisticated couples. The venues include:
- Rose Garden : With its grand magnolia and cozy surroundings, the Rose Garden is a gorgeous backdrop for your wedding. With seating for up to 180 people, it can handle intimate and medium-sized events.
- Croquet Lawn : With the original structure as a backdrop, the Croquet Lawn offers a vast space that appeals to couples who want to create a dreamy, large-scale experience. The Lawn seats up to 350, making it a perfect spot for a grand ceremony or reception.
- Upper or Lower Lawn : With lush surroundings, the Upper or Lower Lawns are the perfect spot for a ceremony or reception of any size up to 350 guests.
- Azalea Lawn : One of my favorite parts of the Inn, the Azalea Lawn's cozy surroundings will transport you to another place and time. With seating for up to 250 people this private garden offers an open-sky feel for a ceremony or reception under the stars.
Inn at Rancho Santa Fe Amenities
- Dining : From a cozy whisky bar to fine dining, the Inn at Rancho Santa Fe's restaurants offer everything the discerning guest needs. Morada, the main restaurant, blends a hand-picked wine list with "creative coastal ranch cuisine", much of which is sourced from local farms. For a crafted cocktail or an after-dinner drink, head into The Huntsman, where you can cozy up to the fire or enjoy live music in the outdoor courtyard. There are dining options in the village, too, with Nick G's and the renowned Mille Fleurs just a short walk from the hotel.
- Spa : The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe's spa just oozes relaxation. With a soothing atmosphere and a vast array of relaxing treatments, the spa is the perfect antidote for those pre-wedding jitters or a celebratory post-wedding couples massage.
Inn at Rancho Santa Fe Wedding Cost
Prices for an Inn at Rancho Santa Fe wedding start at $4000 for peak season, and $3000 for non-peak season.
Fairbanks Ranch Country Club
If you're looking for one of the best Rancho Santa Fe wedding venues for golf, Fairbanks Country Club should be on your shortlist! Situated in the valley just east of Del Mar, Fairbanks Country Club offers seclusion and sophistication.
With an expansive ceremony site surrounded by lush vegetation and gorgeous views of the course, Fairbanks Country Club is one of my favorite Del Mar wedding venues.
Fairbanks Country Club Wedding Cost
The average cost for a Fairbanks Ranch Country Club wedding is $15k-$17k. Please contact their friendly staff for a quote!
Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa
Located in the hills southeast of downtown Rancho Santa Fe and Long considered one of the most luxurious San Diego wedding venues, Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa is a unique wedding venue for those looking for sophistication and relaxation.
With a variety of ceremony and reception sites for celebrations large and small, Rancho Valencia is one of the best Del Mar wedding venues you can find. Here's a brief rundown of the ceremony and reception spaces:
- Rose Garden : With seating for up to 50 people, it's the perfect spot for an intimate wedding, rehearsal dinner, or farewell brunch.
- Croquet Lawn : Engrossed in lush landscaping, the Croquet Lawn is the ideal spot for a lavish celebration with seating for up to 500 guests.
- Sunrise Room and Terrace : With seating for up to 40 guests, it's another perfect spot for a rehearsal dinner or farewell brunch.
- Terrace Ballroom and Patio : When combined, the ballroom and patio can accommodate up to 200 guests. The space offers lots of flexibility and is perfect for the "dreamer" couple who want to get creative with decor.
- Valencia Lawn : With its garden surroundings, the Valencia Lawn is a breathtaking space with seating for up to 500 guests.
Rancho Valencia Wedding Cost
To get a quote for your wedding, contact the lovely staff at Rancho Valencia!
Del Mar Country Club
With a variety of wedding spaces, Del Mar Country Club has long been a favorite of couples getting married in San Diego. This Rancho Santa Fe wedding venue
Del Mar Country Club has a wide variety of ceremony and reception venues for celebrations of any size:
- Boardroom : Perfect for a rehearsal dinner, the Boardroom offers a warm interior, amazing views, and top-notch service. Seats up to 60 guests.
- Patio Terrace : With breathtaking views of the championship golf course, the Patio Terrace is the perfect spot for a rehearsal dinner or farewell brunch. Seats up to 60 guests, can hold 70 for cocktails.
- Living Room : Often combined with the Patio Terrace for indoor-outdoor celebrations, the Living Room offers a warm atmosphere and views of the golf course. Seats up to 250 when combined with Patio Terrace.
- Terrace Ballroom : With a blend of sophisticated ambiance and breathtaking views, the Terrace Ballroom is the perfect spot for your luxurious wedding reception. Seats up to 450 people.
- Grand Ballroom : Often adjoined with the Terrace Ballroom, the Grand Ballroom is the ultimate venue for large celebrations up to 450 guests.
- Wedding Lawn : With seating for up to 600 guests and a breathtaking view of the course, the Wedding Lawn offers everything you need for your outdoor wedding ceremony.
Del Mar Country Club Wedding Cost
Ceremony fees for a Del Mar Country Club wedding start at $1500 with a $2 per person charge for white ceremony chairs. Reception fees start at $5000 with catering costs between $135-$215 per person. Click here to contact the event department!
Secret Garden in Rancho Santa Fe
Nestled in the village of Rancho Santa Fe, the Secret Garden's unique all-inclusive wedding packages offer busy couples everything they need to plan a gorgeous wedding.
From the space and its amenities to catering and vendors, the Secret Garden is the perfect spot for the DIY or budget-conscious couple.
Secret Garden Rancho Santa Fe Wedding Cost
To request a quote, please click here to contact the Secret Garden.
Morgan Run Club and Resort
Another great venue for the golf lover, Morgan Run Club and Resort is one of my favorite wedding venues in Rancho Santa Fe.
Situated in the valley west of downtown Rancho Santa Fe, Morgan Run offers the golf lover everything you need in a wedding venue. With 27 challenging holes, impeccable service and a gorgeous ceremony site, Morgan Run is a wonderfully unique wedding venue in Rancho Santa Fe. They offer a variety of ceremony and reception spaces for up to 300 guests.
Morgan Run Wedding Cost
The costs for a Morgan Run wedding are a $1500 site fee, plus $85-$120 per person. Contact their staff for a quote!
Share this story