Welcome to my list of the 8 best Carlsbad wedding venues!
Located just 35 miles north of downtown San Diego, the city of Carlsbad--known as Village by the Sea--is the rare combination of sleepy beach town and bustling commercial center. Home to many of the world's largest golf brands, Carlsbad also offers plenty of recreational activities for the entire family--including Legoland!
Whether you're local or planning a destination wedding, Carlsbad and its surrounding area has everything you need for a wedding weekend. From award-winning golf courses to gorgeous beaches and a bustling downtown, there's no shortage of recreational activities for you and your guests. Click here for more things to do!
Park Hyatt Aviara Carlsbad
For decades, the Park Hyatt Aviara has been my favorite wedding venue in Carlsbad. Perched on a bluff overlooking Batiquitos Lagoon and the Pacific Ocean--and boasting a new $50MM renovation--the Park Hyatt Aviara offers sophistication and luxury to discerning couples.
The property has a wide variety of spaces for weddings of any size, including:
- The Gardens : The largest space at the property The Gardens consists of three contiguous spaces that can be split into smaller spaces. Centrally located on the first floor.
- Avalon & Laviana : Consisting of gorgeous ballrooms, a foyer, and a terrace, Avalon & Laviana are the perfect spots for an intimate ceremony, a cocktail hour under open skies, or a lavish ballroom reception.
- Palm Court : The most popular outdoor wedding space at the Park Hyatt Aviara, Palm Court's rectangular shape, amazing views, and towering palm trees make it the perfect space for a spectacular wedding ceremony.
- Palmer Pavilion : Nestled under gorgeous Jacaranda trees and surrounded by lush vegetation, the Palmer Pavilion is the perfect spot for a quaint, outdoor ceremony.
- Heron Lawn : With views of the golf course and Batiquitos Lagoon, this lush space is a blank canvas and is perfect for holding a ceremony and reception all in one space.
Park Hyatt Aviara Wedding Cost
Starting fees for the ceremony and reception spaces are as follows:
|Palm Court||Park Lawn||Heron Lawn||Palmer Pavilion||Avalon & Laviana||Secret Garden||Grand Ballroom||Aviara Ballroom||Avalon Salon & Terrace|
All fees include a complimentary stay in a suite on your wedding night, Hyatt Bonus Points you can put towards a Hyatt property on your honeymoon, and much more! Contact the event department for more information!
Omni La Costa Resort and Spa
Located just across the valley from the Park Hyatt, Omni La Costa Resort and Spa is one of the best Carlsbad wedding venues, especially for those who love golf! With over 600 guest rooms, 17 tennis courts, a children's pool with a waterslide, two championship golf courses, and lots of dining options, Omni La Costa is the ultimate wedding weekend getaway for you and your guests.
The resort features a host of wedding venues for celebrations of nearly any size, including:
- Valley Promenade : With unobstructed views of the golf course through a tunnel of stately palm trees, the Valley Promenade is the most popular ceremony site at the Omni La Costa. Seats up to 350 guests.
- Luna Lawn : Drawing inspiration from the Spanish missions of California, this expansive, lush lawn can be a blank canvas for all you "dreamer" brides! With seating for up to 450 people, enjoy a lavish ceremony or a sophisticated reception under the stars.
- Costa Del Sol and Costa Del Luna : From its wood-beamed, 18-foot ceilings to its arched windows, the Costa Del Sol and Costa Del Luna ballrooms and adjoining terrace and lawn offer a unique indoor-outdoor setup for your ceremony and reception. Can accommodate up to 1700 guests.
- Veranda Ballroom : Centrally located in the main clubhouse, the Veranda ballrooms seamless layout of it's main room, foyer and balcony offer a unique wedding reception experience for up to 400 guests.
- Poinsettia Ballroom : With seating for up to 375 guests and its proximity to the Orchid and Iris Terraces, the Poinsettia Ballroom is the ideal location for a reception.
- Orchid Terrace : Situated in a quiet corner of the resort with amazing views, this quaint terrace features terracotta tile flooring surrounded by the gorgeous Spanish architecture of the property. Can be used in conjunction with the Poinsettia Ballroom.
- Iris Terrace : With panoramic views of the course and surrounding hillsides, the Iris Terrace is yet another quaint space, perfect for an evening reception under the stars.
- Snow in Summer Lane : Nestled in a secluded courtyard, Snow in Summer Lane features manicured gardens and lush landscaping. A natural path is the perfect aisle for your ceremony under blue skies.
Omni La Costa Resort and Spa Wedding Cost
The cost for an Omni La Costa Resort wedding starts at $2500. Please contact the event staff for information on how to plan your Omni La Costa Resort wedding.
Sheraton/Westin Carlsbad Resort and Spa
carlsbad wedding venues
Sheraton Carlbad Resort and Spa Wedding Cost
The starting fee for a peak-season wedding is $1000, making it one of the more affordable wedding venues in Carlsbad, CA. Contact their event department for a custom quote.
Carlsbad Windmill Weddings
If you've traveled on I-5 through Carlsbad, you'll have no doubt seen the large windmill on the east side of the freeway. Long-time locals like me remember when it was Pea Soup Andersen's. Now, it's one of the newest wedding venues!
The Dutch-style building features a spacious ceremony and reception room, complete with large wooden barn doors that add a touch of rustic flavor. The spacious ballroom, complete with wood-beam ceilings, is a wonderful spot for an indoor wedding reception. Also, if your wedding is between March and April, the nearby flower fields will be in full bloom, making it a great spot for photos.
Carlsbad Windmill Weddings Cost
The starting cost for a Carlsbad Windmill wedding is $2995 for Saturdays. Per-person receptions costs range from $76-$141 per person.
The Crossings at Carlsbad
Situated atop a scenic bluff, just a stone's throw from the headquarters of some of golf's biggest brands, like The Crossings at Carlsbad.
- Ceremony Lawn : From its panoramic views of the ocean and surrounding hillsides to its lush landscaping, the Ceremony Lawn is a spectacular ceremony site. Seats up to 350 people.
- Canyons & Fireside Room : Floor-to-ceiling windows give this space an airy yet cozy feel. With views of the ocean and golf course, these two spaces are interconnected, but can be separated depending on the size of the event. Seating for up to 350 people.
- Roston Room : With stone details and large windows, this spacious room fits up to 60 people. It's perfect for an intimate reception, welcome dinner, or farewell brunch.
The Crossings at Carlsbad Wedding Cost
Prices for a Saturday evening wedding at the Crossings at Carlsbad start at $2500. Contact the event department for more information!
Cape Rey Carlsbad Beach
With its convenient location and it's approachability, Cape Rey Carlsbad is the perfect spot for a relaxed beach wedding.
Cape Rey Carlsbad offers a variety of different spaces for nearly every size wedding, including:
- Shearwater Lawn : With seating for up to 350 people, this gorgeous space is surrounded by lush landscaping and stately palm trees, with the gentle sea breeze keeping everything beachy. Perfect for that late-afternoon or sunset ceremony.
- Shearwater Ballroom : Seating up to 350 people, this spacious and well-designed ballroom is perfect for the dreamer couple who want to design an elegant wedding on a blank canvas.
- Shearwater Terrace : Enjoy a sun-filled cocktail hour after your wedding on the Shearwater Terrace.
- Pelican Watch & Terrace : Situated right off the lobby bar, the Pelican Watch & Terrace's indoor-outdoor flow is perfect for a rehearsal dinner or an intimate wedding.
Cape Rey Carlsbad Wedding Cost
Cape Rey Carlsbad offers a host of packages for weddings of any size and taste. Ceremony fees start at $3000, with reception packages starting at $100 per person. Contact the Cape Rey Carlsbad's event staff to schedule a consultation!
Leo Carrillo Ranch
Built in 1939 by the namesake actor, Leo Carrillo Ranch is a rustic venue situated on 27 acres in eastern Carlsbad. With its meandering pathways, historic buildings and vintage charm, it's the perfect venue for someone looking for a unique wedding venue.
Leo Carrillo Ranch offers an all-inclusive package that includes getting-ready suites, a ceremony area, and a reception venue for up to 300 people.
Leo Carrillo Ranch Wedding Cost
Leo Carrillo Ranch weddings start at just under $10000. Please contact the event team for an accurate quote.
The Cassara Carlsbad
If you're looking for spectacular views and a venue close to everything--including Legoland!--a wedding at the Cassara Carlsbad is just for you!
The Cassara Carlsbad offers two main spaces for your ceremony and reception:
- Coastal Wedding Arbor : With panoramic views of the coast and surrounding hillsides, the Coastal Wedding Arbor is a wonderful ceremony spot. It seats up to 200 guests and features a natural path leading to the arbor, so you can process and recess from your ceremony in style.
- Buena Vista Room : Featuring views of the flower fields and the ocean, the Buena Vista Room features a wrap-around patio and seating for up to 200 guests.
Casara Carlsbad Wedding Cost
A Casara Carlsbad wedding cost starts at $4500 for ceremony and reception. Contact the event staff for a quote!
Share this story