Welcome to my list of the 5 best Encinitas wedding venues!
I've lived in Encinitas my entire life, so this guide is really special to me. While Encinitas has changed over the years, it still truly epitomizes the "sleepy beach town".
Interetsed in a wedding elsewhere? Check out my list of the 65+ Best San Diego wedding venues!
No. 1 : Alila Marea Beach Resort
The newest hotel in town is also one of the best Encinitas wedding venues. The Alila Marea Beach Resort offers breathtaking ceremony and reception spaces that offer views of the Carlsbad coast and the Pacific Ocean.
- Ocean Bluff : Perched high above the Pacific with out-of-this-world views, the Ocean Bluff is the perfect spot for your oceanfront ceremony. A wide open space with clear sight lines, this space seats up to 200 for your ceremony, 150 for your reception. Perfect for a sunset ceremony or a reception under the stars.
- Oceana Ballroom and Foyer : Separated by two sets of state-of-the-art doors, the Oceana Ballroom and Foyer is the perfect spot for your reception. The gentle seabreeze envelops your guests as they enjoy cocktails in the Foyer, and the soft color palette of the Ballroom ignites the senses as your guests sit for dinner and party the night away. Seats up to 200 guests.
- Oceana Terrace : With its unobstructed views and comfortable seating, the Oceana Terrace is a great place for your cocktail hour or farewell brunch.
Alila Marea Wedding Cost
Starting costs for Friday/Sunday weddings are $5000. Weddings on Saturdays and holiday weekends start at $10000. In addition to comprehensive package including chairs, A/V, etc., all fees include use of up to three spaces, bridal suite, and access to the property for your rehearsal.
No. 2 : San Diego Botanic Garden
Formerly Quail Botanical Gardens, San Diego Botanic Garden has been around for decades and not only features one of the finest collections of native California vegetation anywhere, but it's also one of the best Encinitas wedding venues there is.
The San Diego Botanic Garden features a wide variety of ceremony and reception sites for weddings of all sizes.
- Victorian Gazebo Lawn : Surrounded by lush vegetation, this large space features the signature Victorian Gazebo as the focal point of your ceremony. Seats up to 300 for a ceremony, up to 200 for a reception.
- Walled Garden : This secluded location is surrounded by an original adobe, paying homage to the city's heritage. With a breathtaking entryway that features the original Larabee House, the Walled Garden can hold 180 guests for your ceremony, and 72 for your reception.
- Lawn House Garden : With a tropical backdrop accented by the sounds of the nearby waterfall, the Lawn House Garden is a wonderful site for your intimate ceremony and reception. The site can hold up to 60 people for your ceremony and reception.
- Waterfall View Deck : This intimate location features an unobstructed view of the waterfall. Perfect for smaller ceremonies and receptions up to 60 people.
San Diego Botanic Garden Wedding Cost
The fees for the four ceremony and reception sites are as follows:
|Lawn House Garden||Walled Garden||Gazebo Lawn||Waterfall Deck|
Combining locations for your ceremony and reception is more cost effective. Please contact the site manager for a custom quote.
No.3 : Four Moons
Four Moons is one of the newest Encinitas wedding venues. With its boho, retreat-style vibe and killer location, Four Moons is a great spot for a low-key, Encinitas wedding!
Four Moons boasts two outdoor bungalows, a gorgeous circular courtyard, and the Moon Room--a large meeting and event room--perfect for a party!
The natural landscaping, redwood decking, and stone pathways create an atmosphere that is so serene. The facility allows you to bring in all your own vendors, making it the perfect venue for the couple who wants a totally custom wedding!
Four Moons Wedding Cost
No.4 : Institute of Contemporary Art San Diego - North
Nestled on the eastern slope of the coastal bluff overlooking San Elijo Lagoon, The Institute of Contemporary Art San Diego - North is a great Encinitas wedding venue. As a small museum, it offers a variety of spaces for couples who want a sleek, artistic facility that blends in with the natural environment.
The ICA offers a few spots for your wedding:
- Education Pavilion : With a capacity of 300, the Education Pavilion is the largest event space at ICA. Guests enter through the gallery, creating an experiential blend of art and nature that guests love.
- Artist Pavilion : This award-winning space is perfect for cocktails or a pre-ceremony photo shoot.
Institute of Contemporary Art San Diego Wedding Cost
Fees to rent the Education Pavilion start at $5000. Rental fees for the Artist Pavilion start at $1000. A full buyout of the property starts at $10000. Prices vary based on the type of event, time of day, and date. Please contact the ICA for more information.
No. 5 : Moonlight Beach
For generations, Moonlight Beach has been epicenter of Encinitas beach life. Situated a stone's throw from downtown Encinitas, it's wide open space and easy access make it a perfect spot for an Encinitas beach wedding.
Moonlight Beach Wedding Cost
To have a Moonlight Beach wedding, please contact the city of Encinitas for permit fees.
Share this story