Welcome to my guide on how to plan the perfect Inn at Rancho Santa Fe wedding!
My name is John Schnack and, as a longtime wedding photographer in San Diego, the Inn at Rancho Santa Fe has been one of my favorite wedding venues for years. From its understated Spanish-California architecture to its manicured gardens, there are gorgeous wedding photos at every turn. Its charm, seclusion, and beauty make it the perfect San Diego wedding venue for a sophisticated couple looking for a unique wedding venue.
If you're planning wedding at the Inn at Rancho Santa Fe and would like more information about photography, please click the button at the bottom of the page, or click here to schedule a discovery call!
Getting to the Inn at Rancho Santa Fe
The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe is located in the heart of Rancho Santa Fe, California, about 45 minutes north of downtown San Diego and San Diego International Airport.
Inn at Rancho Santa Fe Wedding Ceremony and Reception Spaces
- Rose Garden : With its grand magnolia and cozy surroundings, the Rose Garden is a gorgeous backdrop for your wedding. With seating for up to 180 people, it can handle intimate and medium-sized events.
- Croquet Lawn : With the original structure as a backdrop, the Croquet Lawn offers a vast space that appeals to couples who want to create a dreamy, large-scale experience. The Lawn seats up to 350, making it a perfect spot for a grand ceremony or reception.
- Upper or Lower Lawn : With lush surroundings, the Upper or Lower Lawns are the perfect spot for a ceremony or reception of any size up to 350 guests.
- Azalea Lawn : One of my favorite parts of the Inn, the Azalea Lawn's cozy surroundings will transport you to another place and time. With seating for up to 250 people this private garden offers an open-sky feel for a ceremony or reception under the stars.
How Much Does an Inn at Rancho Santa Fe Wedding Cost?
To have your wedding at the Inn at Rancho Santa Fe, there is a $5000 venue fee. This covers a six-hour time block--from the start of the ceremony to the end of the reception--and includes setup of your ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. You can add on more time for $500 per hour. The venue fee also covers:
- White linens, table settings, and votive candles
- Ceremony (white folding) and dinner (Chiavari) chairs
- Market lights on Azalea Lawn
- Dance floor
- Two bars
- Free one-night stay for the couple on wedding night
- Free one-night stay for the couple on one-year anniversary (can also be applied to the night before the wedding)
In addition to the venue fee, there are food and beverage costs. At the time of this writing, the estimated food and beverage costs are $195 per person (excluding service charge and tax).
To secure your preferred date for your Inn at Rancho Santa Fe wedding, a signed contract along with the venue fee and 20% of the estimated food and beverage cost are due. The remaining balance is due one week before your wedding.
The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe Wedding Photos
It's one thing to read about how great the Inn is, but it's even better to see pictures of real weddings!
Inn at Rancho Santa Fe Wedding Guest Activities
One of the greatest things about having your wedding at the Inn at Rancho Santa Fe is its seclusion and privacy. However, with the Inn's convenient location, there are a ton of things to do before and after your wedding--all within a 15-20 minute drive! Here are some of my favorites:
Del Mar Race Track: Where the turf meets the surf! Running from mid-July through early September, the Del Mar Race Track is a great activity for guests! About a 15-minute drive from the Inn at Rancho Santa Fe, the Del Mar Race Track offers a great afternoon at an iconic race track.
North County Beaches: Simply put, the beaches of North County are some of the best beaches in Southern California. Within a 15-minute drive, you can be relaxing with your toes in the sand in Del Mar, or picking off a few waves at iconic surf spots like Swami's and Cardiff Reef.
Shopping: If you're in a shopping mood, there are several options a short drive away from the Inn. Flower Hill Promenade is about 10 minutes west of the Inn, and Del Mar Plaza is just a few minutes further west. If you're looking for unique gifts, try Cedros Design District in Solana Beach!
Golf: While there are no public golf courses in Rancho Santa Fe, the iconic Torrey Pines Golf Course is about 20 minutes away.
Walking and Hiking: If you're up for a leisurely stroll, the city of Rancho Santa Fe has a network of 60 miles of pedestrian and horse trails. If you're up for a more strenuous hike, try the incredibly scenic Torrey Pines State Reserve.
Inn at Rancho Santa Fe Spa: Need some luxurious R&R? Stay close to home and pay a visit to the spa at the Inn at Rancho Santa Fe. Treat yourself to a variety of spa treatments, from facials to an assortment of massages.
Legoland California: Need a spot for the kids? The famous Legoland California is located just a short drive up the highway, in Carlsbad.
Share this story